About the blog: Gymbags & Gladrags is an online resource for those of us on a journey to be healthier, fitter and more fabulous. We believe in eating clean, wholesome food most of the time. We believe in moving more and being active, doing whichever type of workouts we enjoy the most. We believe in making better choices. We are not perfect, we slip up but we keep on pushing forward. When life gets in the way and we lose track we know that we’ll always choose healthy. We share our tips and successes to inspire others. Step by step and day by day we are improving our health and our lives, together. Leave the fads and diet myths behind and join us on our journeys. Together we’ll make health a priority.
About the girl: I’m Cantara and I’m on a mission to get in shape. Ever seen an inspiring weightloss/transformation and wondered how they did it? This is not my success story, this is my during and I hope you’ll stick around long enough to see my after and share your journey with me too!
My goal is to lose fat, tone up and improve my health. It’s not just about weightloss, I want to be lean, strong and toned. Gymbags and Gladrags is my little space on the web where I can track my progress, share what works and what doesn’t and sustain my motivation long enough to see results.
I struggle with consistency, BIG time. I’m hoping that sharing with you what I’m eating and what I do in the gym will help me to stay motivated and consistent as well as inspire you to live a healthier life. Over the past year I fell in love with weights. I have now reached my goal muscle mass, so my focus now is to strip the fat and lots of it!
My Body Shape
I’m a pear shape, which means I carry my weight around my lower half. My top half is generally quite petite whilst my thighs are, well, I lovingly call them thunder thighs! My legs are strong and shapely, just larger than I would like. I also gain weight on the tops of my arms which I still don’t quite understand why. My body is a work in progress, I will never be super thin or petite all over as that is not my body shape. I will always have thick legs but I wouldn’t have it any other way. My goal is to be fit and thick like Nicole Mejia – she’s gorgeous!
Let’s get personal…
If you fancy getting to know me a little better, here are some random facts about me!
- Always seeing amazing weightloss/transformation success stories, but never many people who were at the start or in the middle of their journeys inspired me to start my blog.
- I work full time and blog in my spare time. Blogging is a lot of work but I love it because of you lovely lot!
- I have been with my boyfriend for 7 years now. He’s a good ‘un and I’m holding on to him. He makes me feel beautiful at any size, but like me he wants to get in shape too.
- I’m 25. Feel free to send birthday presents my way come November 1st.
- I love technology. I love Apple. Please don’t try to convince me to leave Apple, it’s best just to leave me and my iPhone, iPad Mini, MacBook Air and iMac in peace.
- I love learning & teaching myself things. From Photoshop to HTML & CSS to Photography to Blogging to SEO… I told you I love technology!
- I had a cat from the age of 4 until I was 22. When she was a kitten I would push her around in my Barbie van, then in my doll’s pushchair as she got bigger. She loved it.
- I’m quite a quiet and shy person, especially when first meeting people. Going to blogger events on my own always scares me!
- I’m the one people go to for advice. I always look at things from both sides and am always honest. I won’t just tell you what you want to hear.
- I do not enjoy running, at all, not even a little bit. I have tried and tried as there is such a strong running community and great races and events but it is just not for me. Maybe one day…
Keep in touch, I’d love to know what you’re doing to be healthier and fitter!