I thought moving in with my boyfriend just before Christmas would be romantic. I pictured us putting up a Christmas tree together, decorating the flat and spending weekends walking hand-in-hand around Christmas markets. Instead, we’ve been building furniture, spending weekends unpacking and tidying and there wasn’t much time to get into the festive spirit, let alone blog.
I meant to share this recipe as a homemade Christmas gift idea but with no internet and wardrobes that needed building I just couldn’t find the time. However, if you’re like me and sick of overindulging on all the sweet treats on offer over Christmas then this easy-to-make recipe for a healthier Chocolate and Peanut Butter Bark would be perfect for you. Store it in the freezer so that it’s ready for when you fancy something sweet without overindulging and adding to the Christmas bulge.
The saltiness and crunchiness of the peanut butter next to the creamy sweetness of the ‘chocolate’, which is actually made from Bioglan Superfoods Raw Cacao… It’s just perfect. Plus, cacao is naturally high in fibre and protein, it fights fatigue and antioxidising. So, put down the chocolate selection boxes and whip up these sweet treats instead.
- ½ cup of Bioglan Superfoods Raw Cacao
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- ½ cup of honey
- ½ cup of crunchy peanut butter
- 2tbsp coconut oil
- Ensure the coconut oil is at room temperature so that it is runny.
- Line a baking tray or ceramic dish with greaseproof paper
- Mix the raw cacao and honey with the coconut oil in a small to medium sized bowl
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the baking tray and using a spatula smooth out until it's an even thickness all the way around.
- Melt the peanut butter either on the hob or in a microwave, then mix in with the 2tbsp of coconut oil
- Pour the peanut butter mixture on top of the chocolate mixture in the baking tray.
- Using a knife, swirl the peanut butter mixture into the chocolate mixture.
- Freeze for 30mins to 1 hour until solid before breaking into chunks. Serve immediately or store in the freezer for whenever you fancy a sweet treat.
That’s all there is to it. I hope you love this chocolate and peanut butter bark recipe as much as I do, let me know if you make it.
This post was in collaboration with Bioglan Superfoods as part of their #SuperpoweredYou campaign to empower the lives of women who are Body Happy. For more recipes and tips on superfoods check out the Superfoods Hub. All thoughts, opinions, recipes and tastebuds are my own.